René Borg speaks to Barry Murray, performance nutritionist and owner of OptimumNutrition4Sport, ahead of the first of our joint workshops in Wicklow on the 1st-2nd November.
In part 1 of this 3 part series we cover
- Why are nutritionists talking about movement and lifestyle and why coaches are talking about food?
- What’s up with the current food pyramid anyway?
- Why diets are ultimately doomed to fail.
- What you should do ahead of the Dublin Marathon if you’ve trained on carb-loading versus fat adapted
- The Pasta Party and whether its such a good idea…
- Are the Kenyans successful because or despite of their diet and what does it tell us about the sub-2 hour marathon
- Is chocolate milk really the best recovery drink
>>> Open in new window (right click to download 62 mb)
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- Are numbers evil? (should runners quantify their training?) - January 23, 2018
- Reviewing your training plan - January 19, 2018
- Running technique – the greatest obstacle (a message for the New Year) - January 4, 2018
- ChampionsEverywhere partners with Stryd! (Power meters for running) - December 18, 2017
- Marathon done – what now? - November 7, 2017