René Borg speaks to Barry Murray, performance nutritionist and owner of OptimumNutrition4Sport, ahead of the first of our joint workshops in Wicklow on the 1st-2nd November.
In part 1 of this 3 part series we cover
- Why are nutritionists talking about movement and lifestyle and why coaches are talking about food?
- What’s up with the current food pyramid anyway?
- Why diets are ultimately doomed to fail.
- What you should do ahead of the Dublin Marathon if you’ve trained on carb-loading versus fat adapted
- The Pasta Party and whether its such a good idea…
- Are the Kenyans successful because or despite of their diet and what does it tell us about the sub-2 hour marathon
- Is chocolate milk really the best recovery drink
>>> Open in new window (right click to download 62 mb)
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- ‘Why would I run at a higher cadence’? (a detailed look at stride rate) - April 26, 2017
- Overview of our training plans - January 5, 2017
- Niko niko pace – the gentle path to success - November 4, 2016
- Three tests to measure your running potential - November 3, 2016
- Four things to think about during your marathon taper - September 2, 2016