René Borg speaks to Barry Murray, performance nutritionist and owner of OptimumNutrition4Sport, at the time of our first joint workshops in Wicklow held on the 1st-2nd November.
In part 2 of this 3 part series we cover
- What’s the story with porridge – a good choice pre-run?
- Why you should slowly change the composition of your daily food
- What do vegetarian/vegan athletes need to consider and why Barry is an ‘80% vegetarian’
- The emotions of food
- Food intolerance tests are popular but do they tell us something real?
- Are joint supplements worth the money?
- Why supplements can’t beat food.
- What’s ‘biohacking’ and is it a force for good or a distraction?
- Super-sugars and ‘carbs that don’t act as carbs’ – what’s that all about?
- Should a type 2 diabetic follow the same fat adaptation principles as those outlined for the rest of us?
>>> Open in new window (right click to download 51 mb)
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- Mistaking the icing for the cake - October 24, 2019
- Are numbers evil? (should runners quantify their training?) - January 23, 2018
- Reviewing your training plan - January 19, 2018
- Running technique – the greatest obstacle (a message for the New Year) - January 4, 2018
- ChampionsEverywhere partners with Stryd! (Power meters for running) - December 18, 2017