(note we had a few outages, they have been largely edited out)
In part 3 of this 3 part series we answer your questions and talk about:
- A look back at the recent workshop and how it went
- How to avoid digestive tract issues in the marathon
- Are carbs a better food than fats for elite marathoners?
- How to fit in all the good habits in a busy lifestyle and still stay social
- Can you do anything to avoid excessive fluid loss if you’re a heavy sweater?
- Does it make sense to provide a generalised daily food guide?
- Should we use protein supplements such as whey protein or BCAA? (also read Barry’s related piece ‘A bit on protein’)
- Is it recommended to use intermittent fasting only in the morning or can it be used at different times of day?
- How do you know if you’re running correctly? (note the comment 2.5 to 3.5 steps per MINUTE should have been 2.5 to 3.5 steps PER SECOND – our bad!)
- What’s the value of VO2 testing for setting zones for newbies and elites? (also check Steve Magness blog for a more detailed criticism of zone training and the issues with VO2max)
- What sweeteners are best – is it stevia, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave syrup or none of them? (check out the mentioned ‘Sugar the bitter truth’ lecture at Amazon by Robert Lustig)
>>> Open in new window (right click to download 50 mb)
Also published on Medium.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- How costly are you to ‘run’? - September 25, 2017
- How much is your weight slowing you down? - September 20, 2017
- Your training paces for running - July 8, 2017
- ‘Why would I run at a higher cadence’? (a detailed look at stride rate) - April 26, 2017
- Overview of our training plans - January 5, 2017