In this four part video series René Borg talks you through how to get started with your training plan:
We begin with an overview of the ‘frame of the picture’ – how to understand what each week of training is all about.
The second part looks at how to begin understanding your workout descriptions.
This instalment focuses on the three key fields: duration, distance and pace and how to utilise them with the ‘Most Important’ information.
In part 4, we discuss how to use all fields in relation to each other and hone in on Relative Effort, Workload and ‘Coach’s comments’.
For more details, we will be posting a deep-dive series on each part of the training plans over the course of the first quarter of 2017.
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- Mistaking the icing for the cake - October 24, 2019
- Are numbers evil? (should runners quantify their training?) - January 23, 2018
- Reviewing your training plan - January 19, 2018
- Running technique – the greatest obstacle (a message for the New Year) - January 4, 2018
- ChampionsEverywhere partners with Stryd! (Power meters for running) - December 18, 2017