This article shows a sample day’s food choices for an athlete doing an aerobic workout. This is our athlete:
- A 70-kg male runner with an average body fat percentage of 10% (meaning he has 90% lean body mass).
- The runner has a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) of 1730cal.
- He did a 90-minute aerobic workout at steady intensity (07:30min/miles or 4:40min/km) which adds another 1420cal.
- Total of 3150cal needed for the day.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- Mistaking the icing for the cake - October 24, 2019
- Are numbers evil? (should runners quantify their training?) - January 23, 2018
- Reviewing your training plan - January 19, 2018
- Running technique – the greatest obstacle (a message for the New Year) - January 4, 2018
- ChampionsEverywhere partners with Stryd! (Power meters for running) - December 18, 2017