The classical event over 26.2 miles or 42.2km is one of our favourite events as the “old school” training system that we employ makes runners tireless first and foremost and this is the most important attribute for the successful marathon runner.
Our marathon training programmes do not differ markedly from other training programmes in the early phases of training although overall mileage is higher than for any of the shorter events and the length of key workouts such as the “Out and Back” are longer and slightly slower.
There are many fears and myths around the marathon but with an old school training system most of them can be put to rest including the dreaded “wall”. Once you have been trained into a “tireless state” by our coaching team, the wall will simply not exist for you and the marathon will be just another long hard run among many you have done.
Latest posts by CE Staff (see all)
- PREVIEW: Primal Athlete/Running workshop – Barry Murray explains what you can expect - September 25, 2014
- Improving running economy through nutrition and lifestyle – information sheet - September 9, 2014
- Why train with bodyweight? - August 9, 2014
- Our Running Workshops reviewed! - July 2, 2014
- Natural workout sample – Gate Protocol #1 - August 13, 2013