We literally have a book’s worth of information about our injury free coaching model for runners and other athletes, so below we’ve compiled them all for you in an easy to browse format. Enjoy the reading and hope to see you at our workshops.
- High mileage and low injury rate: It is not inevitable to get injured when you run a lot, we just don’t train correctly. René sketches out a vision for the future.
- Farewell to my running shoes: René throws out all the running shoes that mess with his foots natural movement. Good riddance.
- Fun transition programme to barefoot/minimalist running: It doesn’t have to be boring to learn to run anew.
- Future running – the Olympics 2064: Why the current debate on natural running is utterly absurd in satire!
- Myths: Cross-training is beneficial for chronic injury: Be wary of the exercises prescribed to you while injured, most of them can be quite damaging.
- Putting fun into cross-training with natural movement: Cross-training doesn’t have to be a chore done in dirty gyms or endless hours on the bike when all you want is run. Learn how in this article.
- Time to talk about your running injuries: Readers submitted their injuries. We talk about them here and show how our approach to injury provides a brand new look on old injuries.
- The perfect athletic day: Learn how to organise your day for maximum health and performance.
- Why gait analysis doesn’t work (and the future of the shoe industry): Learn why you should not trust a gait analysis or invest in an expensive pair of runners based on it.
- VivoBarefoot review: Read what we thought of one of the leading bare foot technology shoe makers on the market.
- Vibram Five Fingers review: Vibram Five Fingers are touted as the market leaders in minimalist/barefoot technology, we test this claim.
- What Lydiard would say to the barefoot running “fad”: What the world’s greatest athletic coach really thought about bare foot running.
- Why pain is a good thing (and why you should stop fighting it): Learn about the evolutionary roots of pain and how to use it for a more natural training approach.
- Why it’s time to abandon calf raises: Calf raises are prescribed for most posterior tendon injuries. We think they are injurious. Read on..
Events and other resources
- Request a natural running transition programme: Once you’ve done one of our workshops, we can help you further, just request it here.
- Talks with 53 Degrees North: Come and meet the team for a free 2 hour talk in 53 Degrees North (Dublin and Cork)
- Testimonials: Hear what others had to say about our workshops.
Mud, Sweat and Tears
- Natural movement for mountain runners: Learn how a mountain running coach saw potential in natural movement for his sport
- Check out some of the exercises useful for improving posture, rhythm and relaxation in running
- A shoe in the works: How the wrong choice of footwear can be disastrous.
- A Tale of Two Marathons: René shows how natural running changed him from permanently crocked to 2:55 marathoner in less than six months.
- Injured? Blame René Descartes: Read how your mind plays a key part in rehabilitating you from injury.
- Natural movement workshop – after-thoughts: René looks back on the first natural movement workshop in Ireland.
- Reconstructing René: An ironic look at how René turned from clueless about injuries to encountering Tony Riddle
- Reptilians, levers and the laws of gravity: A look at some of the weirder terms brought up on our injury free courses!
- Running is not jogging: Controversial, but true! Learn why…
- What failed to work: Looking back at all the injury treatment models available today and why most failed…
Other websites you should check (that we trust!)
- Natural Running Centre: One of the most complete resources on natural running
- Sock doc: Learn why you should not stretch, stay away from orthotics and more much more which will change the way you view injuries.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by CE Staff (see all)
- PREVIEW: Primal Athlete/Running workshop – Barry Murray explains what you can expect - September 25, 2014
- Improving running economy through nutrition and lifestyle – information sheet - September 9, 2014
- Why train with bodyweight? - August 9, 2014
- Our Running Workshops reviewed! - July 2, 2014
- Natural workout sample – Gate Protocol #1 - August 13, 2013