We owe a great debt to Phil Maffetone at ChampionsEverywhere: not only do his books provide a very complete view of all the factors that play into endurance (nutrition, stress and other non-exercise factors) but he also designed the Max Aerobic Function test which we use to track the endurance improvements of all our clients.
His views on nutrition for health and performance are likewise among those we trust the most and we tested his “Two-week test” which is a simple way to see if you suffer from any type of “carbohydrate intolerance“, a common cause of performance-issues for runners and other endurance athletes.
During Maffetone’s 35-year career so far, which included 20 years in private practice, he has been a respected pioneer in the field of complementary medicine (not to be confused with “Evolutionary medicine“), bringing the latest advances to healthcare professionals around the world. He is perhaps best known for his work on heart rate based training and coaching the six time Iron-man winner Mark Allen. He was honored by Inside Triathlon magazine as one of the top 20 most influential people in endurance sports.
Phil Maffetone’s official website can be found here.
Latest posts by René (see all)
- Are numbers evil? (should runners quantify their training?) - January 23, 2018
- Reviewing your training plan - January 19, 2018
- Running technique – the greatest obstacle (a message for the New Year) - January 4, 2018
- ChampionsEverywhere partners with Stryd! (Power meters for running) - December 18, 2017
- Marathon done – what now? - November 7, 2017