8th of September from 9:30 to 17:00, Phoenix Park, Dublin 7
Note this workshop was originally covering only an introduction to Lydiard but will now feature the full ChampionsEverywhere coaching model and principles.
Anyone who has unanswered questions about how to run faster, how to run more enjoyably or simply want to learn “how to run” are encouraged to join us for our new workshop which will take you through the ChampionsEverywhere training system which combines the best elements of the principles of legendary coaches such as Arthur Lydiard, Percy Cerutty and Arthur Newton, among others, and the unprecedented success their methods brought to their athletes.
You will be able to take these principles away and apply them to your own training or work with us on a training programme afterwards. Most importantly you will get a filter through which to assess who is giving you bad advice and who is giving you good advice. We want runners who are armed with the information to take the guess-work out of their training.
- Signature workouts from days gone by
- The “Max Aerobic Function” test to learn more about your current endurance
- The good and bad of training, nutrition, recovery and lifestyle
- About the body’s major energy systems without too much science!
- How to apply time-proven and tested principles safely and consistently to your training schedule
- What you can achieve in running: short-term and long-term
- Slide copies for your personal notes
- An aerobic profile showing how you perform over all distances
- An assessment of your current “base speed”
- A 15% discount voucher for a full training programme
The workshop will show how the principles of the great coaches Lydiard, Cerutty, Newton and others fit into the ChampionsEverywhere coaching model and how you integrate this type of training with our “Run better, not less” injury free running workshops led by Tony Riddle. Course leaders for this workshop will be René Borg and Jason Kehoe.